information exchanged automatically with the server
Upon your access to the gfdesign.ca site, as with any other website, an exchange of information takes place automatically between your computer and my site’s server, due to the technological requirements inherent in web browsing. The following information, which does not personally identify you, is exchanged:
- the web domain name and IP address with which you access my site
- the type of browser and operating system used to access my site
- the date and time you access my site
- the pages you visit;
- if you reach my site from another site, the address of that site (referral site).
This exchange of information is necessary for the server to send you a file compatible with the computer equipment you are using. Geneviève Fournier Design also keeps track of the number of visitors, the pages visited the most, the technology used by the site’s clientele and the referral sites.
The Geneviève Fournier Design website does not collect any personal information without your consent. In fact, sections 64 and 65 of the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information state that any organization requesting personal information from a person must ensure that it is necessary to collect such information, identify itself to that person and inform him or her of:
- the name and address of the public body on whose behalf it is collecting the information
- the purpose for which the information is to be used;
- the categories of persons who will have access to the information
- whether the request is mandatory or optional
- the consequences of refusing to respond to the request;
- the rights of access and rectification provided by law.
When you choose to provide me with personal information by filling out a form and submitting it through my site, I use the information required to respond to your request and to allow me to follow up on it, i.e. in the following cases
- to subscribe to my newsletter
- to send you newsletters
- to contact you if you fill out the form to that effect
In addition, you may be contacted from time to time by Geneviève Fournier Design for activities other than those for which you have registered and for an annual update of my database. The personal information collected is stored in a database and protected by an encrypted password in the database, which is only accessible by Geneviève Fournier Design. This information is not shared with any other organization. Your explicit consent will be required for any transmission to a third party of data concerning you.
You can disable acceptance of cookies at any time using your browser options. However, this may prevent you from using certain online services or advanced features.
use of an analytics tool
links to other sites
The content of this website is the property of Geneviève Fournier and may not be reused without the written consent of Geneviève Fournier. Neither photos nor text may be copied, even with credit, without prior permission.
Geneviève Fournier disclaims all liability arising from trying any of the tips offered, anything done as a result of reading her blog or using any product mentioned. No responsibility will be accepted for an error, outdated information or an accident related to following the blog’s suggestions. Geneviève Fournier Design is committed to ensuring that the information shared is valid at the time of publication.